Sunday 1 September 2013

Border Reiver Wargame Show 2013

It was up to the Gateshead International Stadium for the clubs annual show yesterday. I was up at 6:20 for Tom picking us up at 6:45 so we could help setting up. This was our second year at the stadium since moving from the metro radio arena. We arrived at 7:00 and managed to get all the tables set up by 9:00 which meant we had an hour before the show kicked off so i took the opportunity to have a scout around the traders.
We kicked off at 10:00 with people streaming through the door and the show seemed quite busy up till about 1:00 when it seemed to wind down. Unlike last year the canteen was open and people seemed quite happy about this! We started to pack up at around 3:00 and we left around 5:00 managing to just miss the football traffic.
This year we had a flea market in place of the usual bring and buy which i prefer and it wasn't as successful but despite this we managed about 500 through the door and the traders seemed to do well especially Lesley's Bits Box who got £70 from my own pocket.
What I Bought
I bought a box of imperial guard cadian shock troops to add to my 40k Rorke's Drift scenario.I also bought a box of Tau Pathfinders and one of the new Tau Riptide Battlesuits.I also bought a Wings of Glory Hanriot HD.1 from Northumbria games.
Now onto the pics. Because of my club duties on the door i wasn't able to get pics of all the games but here are the ones i was able to get.
15mm ACW



28mm WW2-Offensive Miniatures



15mm WW2



28mm Warhammer 40k Eldar vs Tyranids



Bloodbowl-Section 8 Gamers



Warhammer 40k Apocalypse-My favourite game of the day great game great figures and great homemade Titans and Rhinos.I really liked the Titans i might buy one the next time i see the guy who makes them. I didn't catch his name but he sells them for £180 and the models look just as good as the Forgeworld ones in my opinion which cost about £500.


Well another successful show over roll on next year.


Thanks For Reading


Carl

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, I always like to see other peoples view of an event I go to.
    Its ressuring you had trouble with the yellow lighting as well!!!(lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It was my first time at the new location, much better than the Arena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following your Blog for a while Scotty and meant to ask Dave if you were with the Newbiggin game. I have just started a 10mm Crimean project also, could have compared notes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, fantastic to see another teenager wargaming historics so well! If you get time have a look at my website and various wargaming blogs http://brigand-gaming.yolasite.com/blog.php

    ReplyDelete